I am still amazed by how these characters are so focused on "good" marriages. Mrs. Bennet wants all of her daughters to marry a good man, whether they love him or not. I am glad that Jane and Mr.Bingley have obviously fallen for each other. Her mother was pushing for that relationship, and I think it will be a healthy one now that it isn't forced. A wedding is definitely in the near future for that happy couple.
And then there's Elizabeth. Her parents are pushing her towards their weird cousin, Mr. Collins. He proposed to her, but she refused; sadly, he thinks she is just trying to make him fall more in love with her. He won't take no for an answer. She would rather spend time with Mr. Wickham, but it seems like she's falling for Mr. Darcy no matter how much she would rather despise him. I would like to see Elizabeth treat Darcy with a little more kindness. He is apparently attracted to her, even though he is supposed to be falling for Miss Bingley. I can't keep up with who is in love with whom anymore. It's just as bad as high school!
70 Minutes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment