Saturday, January 17, 2009

Visiting Hours

Well, Elizabeth's good friend Charlotte is now married to Mr. Collins...talk about drama. And Jane is staying with her Aunt near Mr.Bingley's current residence. It's obvious that Jane is upset that she hasn't been able to spend any time with Mr.Bingley, and it seems like he doesn't want to see her. Elizabeth is presently visiting Charlotte and her new husband. While she is there, Mr. Darcy and his cousin come to visit their neighbor, Lady de Bourgh. Mr.Darcy stops to visit Elizabeth several times and runs into her on different occasions while she is walking out in the garden. I'm still convinced that they are into each other. I think they would be perfect for each other, but hey, it's not like my opinion can change the book. It's frustrating when you want something like this to happen, but you can do nothing about it. It's just like when you yell at the TV, but the people on the screen pay no attention to you (man, I hope I'm not the only one who does that). I can sense things are going to change between them soon; I just wish it would happen already!

New Words (that I am going to use to stump Strusz sometime haha!)

Acquiescence:acceptance, assent

Transient: momentary

Impute: to charge of evil

Disapprobation: disapproval

Coquetry: flirt; attempt to attract admiration without genuine love

Veracity: truthfulness, habitual truth

Cessation: a ceasing, stopping, or pause

Iniquitous: unjust, wicked

Laconic: brief

Propitious: favorable

145 Minutes

1 comment: