I took a break from Pride and Prejudice this weekend so I could read our play script written in modern English. It was much easier to understand than the original Shakespearean language. There was so much that I would have missed! It was a funny love story. It was fun trying to imagine our WLA cast in those parts. Some parts don't seem to match the person that is playing the role, but I'm sure I'll be surprised. After all, it is called acting! The plot of the story is an old one, but I found it very interesting. I understand how the Beatrice/Benedick, Claudio/Hero, and Borachio/Margaret relationships all fit together. I'm glad I took the time to read this version of the play. I think it will make the experience much more enjoyable for me now that I know what I'm saying! =) Yay Shakespeare!
2 hours 15 minutes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment