I cannot believe how obsessive these people are about arranging marriages and marrying the right kind of person. Should wealth matter? Should relations matter? Looks? Disposition? Talents? Job? I should think not; however, that is not the opinion shared by the characters in Pride and Prejudice. Everything centers around finding a wealthy, well-raised husband for each daughter. What's the point? Why would you want to set your child up with some random man you hardly know simply because he holds a high status in society? Wouldn't you rather let them find someone they truely love and will enjoy being with? I just can't comprehend this way of thinking. It seems selfish more than anything. I'm very glad it's no longer this way. I only want to get married when I find a God-fearing man that I love and can't live without. It will be someone I share a close friendship with and can talk to about anything. After all, isn't that how it should be?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quotes I Like =)
"Yes, vanity is a weakness indeed. But pride--where there is a real superiority of mind, pride will be always under good regulation." ---Mr. Darcy
"There is, I believe, in every disposition a tendency to some particular evil, a natural defect, which not even the best education can overcome." ---Mr. Darcy
70 minutes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment