Saturday, January 24, 2009

Marry me?

Can you imagine someone proposing to you if you have never even been on a date? I know I would say no without even thinking about it. Actually I would probably think it's a joke. But that's exactly how everyone proposes in this book. I can't believe guys just ask a girl to marry him when he hardly knows her! Wouldn't you want to know them really well first? I want to marry someone that I want to be my best friend for the rest of my life. I don't even want to think about living like some of those girls...marrying a man you know nothing about. I think it would be scary! It makes me shudder just thinking about the frightening situation. This is exactly what happened to Elizabeth's friend Charlotte and has now almost happened to Elizabeth herself several times. She just can't keep the men away from her! At least she's being smart and turning them down. I know she'll give in to one of them eventually, but it's cool that she goes against society by waiting.


80 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment