Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn


I started reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn this week. I had to go back and review in my mind what all happened in Tom Sawyer because it's been so long since I've read that one. Huckleberry Finn is basically a direct follow-up to the first book. I had forgotten how much I love Mark Twain! The book is written in first person as if Huck is narrating. He is an absolutely hilarious boy. He doesn't want to go to school until his dad shows up and yells at him for going. Then he actually wants to go just "to spite pap." It sounds like your typical boy. =p So far I am really enjoying the book. Huck is on the run from "the widow" and his dad right now. He just wants to be left alone to fend for himself. I'm very interested to see how that turns out for such a head-strong young boy.





75 MINUTES

TOTAL: 15 HOURS 20 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment